The Japanese video game turned television series Pokemon has captured the imagination of kids between 6-11 years of age. They fantasize becoming Ash Ketchum and professor Oaks and build their own world of imagination. If you are on a lookout for your child’s next birthday idea, MyBirthdaySupplies recommends you to go with the Pokemon party theme. Here are some invitation ideas that will make your invitees scream out of excitement.
Busy moms can always buy our store-made invitation. They are a great way to announce your party. Such invites are carefully designed keeping the theme in mind and can be really convenient.
If you want to use your creative side and make your own invite, here is an interesting idea.
- To make one invitation card, cut out one 5 inch circle each from red as well as white cardstock and join the two circles using a paper fastener. The white circle should be on the top.
- Take your child’s photo in blue attire with a red and white cap and enacting as if he is fighting with a Pokemon. Cut out your child’s photo along his body line and paste it on the white circle.
- In the background, add some dramatic effects such as a fire burst. Decorate the rest of the white card with Pokemon stickers.
- Write your party details on the red cardstock along with a catchy party message such as “inviting only selected Pokemon trainers to a special gathering’ or ‘If anybody’s out there, you can come out. And if you’re a monster or a ghost, you can stay where you are’.
- Your invitation is ready to be sent. Enclose them in blue or yellow envelopes. You may also consider decorating the envelopes as well.
- Buy Pokeballs and use them for inviting the guests. Write your party details on the balls using a permanent marker. Apart from being an invite, this ball will serve as a keepsake.
- If you feel the space on the ball is really less or you don’t want to spoil the look of the ball, you can enclose them in a transparent packet along with small note having your birthday details.
- To make pokeballs at home, buy some tennis balls, red, white, and black paints, and some other craft accessories. Place the pokeball at a sturdy surface so that it doesn’t move. A cup would be the best. Make sure the cup is large enough to hold the ball at the top but not so large that the ball falls in. Once the ball is stable, draw a small black circle without filling the center. Refer a Pokeball picture for accuracy. From this circle, draw a black line around the tennis ball in a way that it starts from the black circle, goes around the ball to reach the circle again but on the opposite side of the point where it started. Make sure the line is fairly thick. Now paint one of the divided sides with red color and other with white color. Bingo! Your pokeball is ready.
Invitations are one of the most important elements of a successful party, as they set the expectations of the guests along with creating an excitement among them. Therefore, you must make all necessary effort that you can do to send out enticing invites.