Whether you are hosting a St. Patrick’s Day party or simply celebrating this holiday with your family, make sure you get into the spirit by having lots of green food in your menu. Due to the soaring popularity of this festival, popular chefs have come up with some mouth-watering and traditional St. Patrick’s Day food ideas and recipes. To help you make better choices, MyBirthdaySupplies shares some popular kids-friendly desserts that your little ones will love to gorge.
Lucky charms cupcakes
This charming cupcake recipe is sure to delight the little ones as well as the adults and make them feel as if they have found the pot o’ gold.
- Yellow and green cake mix
- 4 eggs (optional)
- Water (as required for making the mixture)
- 1 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- Vanilla frosting
- Colorful cereals
- Edible green sprinkles
- 24 regular size baking cups or muffin cups
- Prepare yellow and green cake mix separately using ½ cup of canola or vegetable oil and 2 eggs in each mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill up the cups half way using green mixture and the rest with yellow mixture.
- Bake them as instructed on the cake mix packs and cool them on wire racks.
- Frost them using the vanilla frosting and top them up with 2 tablespoons of colorful cereals and edible glitters.
This coconut and pistachio based recipe is sure to delight the taste buds of the little ones. The instant pudding mix available in most retails stores will cut the preparation time by half.
- 1 ½ cup lightly toasted flaked coconut.
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cups cold skimmed milk
- 1 pack of instant pistachio pudding mix
- ½ cup whipped topping
- Chopped pistachio for dressing
- Mix coconut flakes and butter in a bowl and press the mixture on a pie plate to make coconut crust.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the pudding mixture as instructed using milk and whisk it for 2 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes or until the pie mixture is soft-set.
- Spread half of this mixture over the coconut crust, mix the rest half with whipped topping, and spread it over the pie mix layer. Decorate the top with chopped pistachio or green sprinkles (if desired)
- Cover and refrigerate it for at least 2-3 hours or until the pie is set.
Pot o’ gold gelatin treats
This simple and quick St. Patrick’s Day food idea is sure to get you a lot of appreciations and make the kids feel as if they are relishing real emeralds.
- 3 ounce lemon flavored gelatin
- 6 to 8 sweet lime
- 2 cup water
- Boil 1 cup water, pour gelatin in it, and keep stirring the mixture until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir in one cup of cold water in the gelatin mixture.
- Pour this mixture in a baking dish lined with plastic wrap, cover it, and refrigerate it for 5-6 hours or until the gelatin is firm.
- Remove the gelatin from the baking dish and cut out ½ inch cubes from it.
- Cut off ¼ part of the lime, scoop out the pulp, and fill them with gelatin cubes.
If you like these St. Patrick’s Day food ideas make sure you visit MyBirthdaySupplies for other St. Patrick’s Day Party Ideas on invitations, decorations, favors, etc.