Whenever we think of birthday, first thing that appear in our mind is a well-decorated creamy cake. And how about a freshly baked delicious cake topped with luscious strawberries? I know sounds tempting… Here is a simple recipe for a ‘Traditional Strawberry Shortcake’ to amuse your taste buds.
- 3 cups Biscuit Baking mix
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Confectioners’ Sugar
- 4 cups Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F & coat a square baking dish with non-stick food spray, set it aside.
- Prepare batter by combining biscuit baking mix, granulated sugar and milk in a bowl and then spread it into baking dish.
- Now, bake it for 30 to 35 minutes, until it is golden. Use a wooden toothpick insert it in middle to check if it is well cooked or not.
- Make the cream whipped with confectioners’ sugar using electric beater on medium speed in a large bowl.
- Cut the cake into square pieces; cut them half horizontally. Place bottom pieces in serving plates; evenly distribute sliced strawberries on them; spread whipped cream mixture over it; reserving some of each for garnish. Place remaining square part on top, and then garnish it with reserved whipped cream & strawberries. Serve it chill…
This cake is easy to make, without taking hours in kitchen, you can make it for any home party and will be a success with strawberry shortcake birthday party as well.