Flip-flops come in a wide variety of colors and are very inexpensive. Plain flip-flops however, look boring and often require a funky twist to look trendy and attractive. Whether you want to spice up your child’s flip-flops for some cool summer fun or simply want to keep your party guests busy, this DIY flip-flop party decoration project using water balloons is sure to be a great choice.
Things you will need:
Directions to make
Take four water balloons and hold them together. Tie them with a balloon (5th balloon) to create a balloon bunch. Make lots of such balloon bunches. Choose bright and colorful balloons in order to create an appealing design. If you find it difficult to tie the balloons with a balloon, you may use a colorful string.
Once your balloon bunches are ready, use the 5th balloon of each bunch to tie it to the straps of your flip-flop. This process will be a little tricky but make sure you tie them properly so that they stay on the flip-flop for long. Always tie a double-knot.
Keep repeating this till the entire strap of the flip-flops are covered. Make sure you leave little or no space between the balloon bunches so that the strap will not be visible.
For giving them a glorious look, glue a large faux gem on the balloons at the center of the strap. Bingo! Your balloon flip-flops are ready.
Being simple, this DIY project is perfect young kids. You can consider it as a party activity for your child’s birthday and later ask the girls to carry them home as party favors or have your child make this during her summer holidays. These one-of-a-kind flip-flops would be loved by the little ones.
Cute pillow fights, unending gossips and games, lip-smacking snacks, amusing favors and a sleepover with friends what can be a better idea than a slumber party to celebrate your birthday. Make your day memorable with our simple yet stylish slumber party ideas.
- A pillow invitation is the best for a slumber party. Take a plain white pillow cover and write your party details in block letters. Decorate the pillow with colors and sparkles and once you are done with your creativity, fold it, pack it in a manila envelope, and send it to your guests.
- Make a cardstock invite and draw all items symbolic of slumber party like pillows, beanbags, coffee mugs, and stuff toys. Punch a hole in the cardstock, attach a new toothbrush, a lil soap bar, or a shower cap, and tell them to bring it to the party.
- Decide a venue at the slumber party, you may like to decorate your backyard or arrange furniture so that kids have enough space in the hall to twist and turn and have a gala time.
- Hang colorful streamers at the entry area and keep their length long enough to give a fun flowing effect. You can also hang long strips of streamers touching the floors to give it a feel of fun curtains.
- Place lot of beanbags, rest chairs and pillows all over the place, to give a comfortable and fun look. You can also place a mattress on the floor and cover it with a bed sheet featuring fun sleep over items.
- Scatter lot of balloons all over the floor, and hang twinkling light stands or lanterns to deck up the halls.
- Embellish ceilings with glow-in -the-dark -stars to give it a feel of sky at night when main lights go off.
Send guests home by giving them cute and memorable fun favors to bring a smile on their face.
- Sending kids home with a cute sleeping bag is a good idea.
- You can also give them theme favor bag filled with goodies like Lip-gloss, Nail paint, Barbie mirrors or may be a CD.
- Giving a fun sleep mask to all the kids or a small stuff toy will bring a smile on every kid’s face.
For more birthday party ideas visit us on mybirthdaysupplies.com