This Christmas shun store-bought gifts; bring out your creative side by trying these super simple & easy DIY Christmas Gift Ideas. Handmade gifts give a personal touch and are a beautiful way to show your warmth and feelings for the person.
Try these DIY Ideas and leave everyone in your recipient’s list happily gifted.
- Tongs or nippers (to easily grip or lift objects)
- Candle thermometer
- Wick sustainers
- Wooden skewers
- Partly used old candles
- Take a small pan and set it over a larger pan filled with simmering water, use it to melt down old candles.
- Insert thermometer to the upper pot and keep the temperature about 185 degrees. Now use tong to remove old wicks.
- Cut out a piece of wicking 2 inches more than cup’s height. Carefully secure one end to a wick sustainer while tie the other end around the wooden skewer.
- Now for coating, dip wicking & sustainer into melted wax.
- Remove & stick sustainer to cup’s bottom.
2)Decorated wooden gift boxes
- It is super easy to make these beautiful wooden gift boxes. All you need to do is either get some store bought small gift boxes or use the one you have at home by decorating them.
- Just cover the boxes with fabric, firstly cut the fabric to fit around the box and let it end just below the lid of the box.
- You can spray the fabric with an adhesive and pastes directly onto the box and decoupage with fabric glue preferably ModPodge.
- Let the recipient’s taste be reflected in the fabric you use for decorating gift box. Fill this box with some goodies like handmade Christmas cookie or some surprise and delight the recipient.
- Ribbon (I tried with grosgrain ribbon)
- Colored tissue paper
- Cut a piece out of grosgrain ribbon approximately 2 inches wide and 2.5 or maximum 3 inches more than the height of book (in case you are planning to give one with bookmark).
- You can snip a point at each end to prevent it from any kind of fraying. Then sew a stamp size photograph to the ribbon and hand stitch each corner.
- You can present the bookmark with a new book or novel. One added tip would be wrapping the book with colored tissue paper and give it an elegant finishing by covering it with a pretty ribbon bow.