Nothing brings more pleasure than receiving a beautifully wrapped gift. With some inexpensive supplies & creativity you can make your gifts presentable & pretty. So, make the gift opening experience even more special for your loved ones by following our innovative ideas of gift packaging. Whether you are gifting a lavish gift or a petite one these festive gift packaging ideas are bound to delight the receiver.
- Warm packaging- Add warmth to your winter gifts with this innovative gift wrapping idea. It is time to take out those sweaters from your closets that are just lying there, get creative and utilize them for gift packaging. These old knitted sweaters makes a good option for gift wrapping and adds much needed warmth & tenderness to your gifts.
- Perk up with polka dots- Polka dots are always a hit, be it in fabric, décor or gift packaging. So perk up your gifts with fun polka dots pattern. All you need to get started is a pencil with an attached eraser, paint and sponge. Start adding fun & playful polka dots to everyday plain wrapping paper and it is ready to wow the receiver.
- Cloth Gift wrap- Do you have some fancy fabric pieces around? Give a new life to these leftover fabrics by using them for a gift wrap. Use a square piece of cloth & place your gift in the center then secure open ends with a knot, a button or a safety pin. Embellish it with some décor like some golden twigs, pom-poms or a handmade nametag and your gift is ready to go.
- Confetti or Sparkles- After wrapping your gift preferably in a solid color paper cover one end with a double-stick tape & dip it in confetti and see the magic. You can also use handful of sparkles in place of confetti and make hearts, stripe pattern etc. options are limitless. This effortless idea adds a pop of color to your gift and receiver will surely have a fun time opening it.
- Crepe Paper- Use colorful crepe paper to dress up your gifts. Cut crepe paper to a length that easily wraps around the gift box and cover it with the same allowing ½ inch of overlap. Once the stack of crepe paper is aligned, cut a fringe through all of the pieces. To adhere the crepe papers around the package use a piece of double sided tape of glue. A handmade name tag will give a perfect finishing to this gift wrap.
Do you often find your little one waking up at the midnight due to some scary dream? If yes then invest some time in making this kid’s dream catcher and let your kids have an uninterrupted sleep filled with fancy dreams.
You don’t need to be a pro at crafts to make this, it is easy to make and is pennywise too. Give it a try this weekend mommies and import your children to fairyland while sleeping.
- Dream Catcher Template
- Colorful beads & feathers
- 1 Sheet of white cardstock
- Hole Punch
- Ex-Acto Knife
- Large sewing needle
- 3 Lengths of yarn in colors of your choice
- On a sheet of white cardstock, print out a dream catcher template then to create the dream catcher circle, cut out the outer circle using scissors.
- Next step is to cut the inner circle using an Ex-Acto knife carefully then use a hole punch to punch holes over the dots on the circle.
- Thread a large needle with yarn and start by threading the needle through one of the holes in the circle. Then, use a small piece of tape to ensure end of the yarn is secured to the back of the circle. This practice ensures that yarn keeps intact and does not slip through the circle while sewing.
- Now comes the fun part, create a spiderweb by sewing the yarn through the holes of the circle.
- End color yarn at holes that are next to each other. When sewing don’t forget to leave a long tail of yarn from each color on the last hole as it will be used later to string the beads & feathers.
- Once you are done with the sewing each color yarn, secure to the yarn to the back of the circle again with a small piece of tape. When the spiderweb of yarn is finished, let your kids thread beads onto the long ends of the yarn.
- Tie a tight double knot around last bead on each piece of yarn to secure the beads.
- To attach feathers, simply insert the ends of feather into the beads. To ensure they remain intact, add a dab of glue to the end of the feather before inserting it into the bead.
- There you are ready with your hand made Dream Catcher.
The feathers were incredibly easy to attach. We simply inserted the ends into the beads. If you want to make sure they are extra secure you can add a dab of glue to the end of the feather before you insert it into the bead. There you have it…a dream catcher for those scary nightmares & cute enough to hang proudly in your kid’s room.