Do you often find your little one waking up at the midnight due to some scary dream? If yes then invest some time in making this kid’s dream catcher and let your kids have an uninterrupted sleep filled with fancy dreams.
You don’t need to be a pro at crafts to make this, it is easy to make and is pennywise too. Give it a try this weekend mommies and import your children to fairyland while sleeping.
- Dream Catcher Template
- Colorful beads & feathers
- 1 Sheet of white cardstock
- Hole Punch
- Ex-Acto Knife
- Large sewing needle
- 3 Lengths of yarn in colors of your choice
- On a sheet of white cardstock, print out a dream catcher template then to create the dream catcher circle, cut out the outer circle using scissors.
- Next step is to cut the inner circle using an Ex-Acto knife carefully then use a hole punch to punch holes over the dots on the circle.
- Thread a large needle with yarn and start by threading the needle through one of the holes in the circle. Then, use a small piece of tape to ensure end of the yarn is secured to the back of the circle. This practice ensures that yarn keeps intact and does not slip through the circle while sewing.
- Now comes the fun part, create a spiderweb by sewing the yarn through the holes of the circle.
- End color yarn at holes that are next to each other. When sewing don’t forget to leave a long tail of yarn from each color on the last hole as it will be used later to string the beads & feathers.
- Once you are done with the sewing each color yarn, secure to the yarn to the back of the circle again with a small piece of tape. When the spiderweb of yarn is finished, let your kids thread beads onto the long ends of the yarn.
- Tie a tight double knot around last bead on each piece of yarn to secure the beads.
- To attach feathers, simply insert the ends of feather into the beads. To ensure they remain intact, add a dab of glue to the end of the feather before inserting it into the bead.
- There you are ready with your hand made Dream Catcher.
The feathers were incredibly easy to attach. We simply inserted the ends into the beads. If you want to make sure they are extra secure you can add a dab of glue to the end of the feather before you insert it into the bead. There you have it…a dream catcher for those scary nightmares & cute enough to hang proudly in your kid’s room.