Halloween party requires some gruesome looking food that will keep up the spirit of the party along with satisfying the taste buds of your guests. The trickiest part of making such food is to decorate them in a way that they look weird. Here are some eerie looking foods that you must consider for your Halloween party this year.
Dreadful Carrot Fingers with Hummus
- Five carrots
- Almond slices or pumpkin seeds
- Chili powder or paprika for garnishing
- Peel the carrots and shape them to make them look like human fingers. The shapes should be varying so that when you arrange them they will look like a palm dipped in hummus.
- After peeling, attach the almond slices or pumpkin seeds at the top of the carrots using a drop of hummus to make the nails. Use food color to paint them.
- Fill a serving bowl with hummus and position the carrots in a way that they look like a human palm. Garnish with chili powder or paprika for contrast.
- To give it a dreadful look, make a thick paste of blood red food coloring and slowly pour it over the carrots. You can also use tomato ketchup.
- Serve with carrot slices and pita triangles.
Nutter Butter Ghosts Recipe
- Nutter butter cookies
- White chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave and dip the nutter butter cookies in it one by one until they are evenly coated.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet and refrigerate them for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once the chocolate is set, ask kids to draw furious faces on them using melted chocolate or colored fondant. This can be an excellent party activity for kids.
Ghoulish Spidery Crackers
- Round shaped crackers
- Peanut butter
- Chow mein noodles.
- Spread a small amount of peanut butter on one side of half the number of crackers.
- To make legs of the spiders, use boiled and fried chow mein noodles. Place 4 noodles on each side of the crackers.
- Place the remaining crackers on the top of chow mein noodles.
- For the eyes, glue the raisins on the cracker sandwich using peanut butter. Spidery crackers are ready to be served. Making these edible spiders is very easy. You can even ask the kids to make them during the party. This will be a good way to keep them busy.
These easy recipes are sure to save your time. For more such interesting recipes and party ideas, visit MyBirthdaySupplies.