Flip-flops come in a wide variety of colors and are very inexpensive. Plain flip-flops however, look boring and often require a funky twist to look trendy and attractive. Whether you want to spice up your child’s flip-flops for some cool summer fun or simply want to keep your party guests busy, this DIY flip-flop party decoration project using water balloons is sure to be a great choice.
Things you will need:
Directions to make
Take four water balloons and hold them together. Tie them with a balloon (5th balloon) to create a balloon bunch. Make lots of such balloon bunches. Choose bright and colorful balloons in order to create an appealing design. If you find it difficult to tie the balloons with a balloon, you may use a colorful string.
Once your balloon bunches are ready, use the 5th balloon of each bunch to tie it to the straps of your flip-flop. This process will be a little tricky but make sure you tie them properly so that they stay on the flip-flop for long. Always tie a double-knot.
Keep repeating this till the entire strap of the flip-flops are covered. Make sure you leave little or no space between the balloon bunches so that the strap will not be visible.
For giving them a glorious look, glue a large faux gem on the balloons at the center of the strap. Bingo! Your balloon flip-flops are ready.
Being simple, this DIY project is perfect young kids. You can consider it as a party activity for your child’s birthday and later ask the girls to carry them home as party favors or have your child make this during her summer holidays. These one-of-a-kind flip-flops would be loved by the little ones.
To get your guests into the Hawaiian mood, serve chilled fruity beverages at your child’s luau birthday party. Tropical drinks are sure to take them in a laid back atmosphere. To further increase the excitement, garnish the drinks with fruit slices and decorate them by using the cocktail umbrellas. Although there are lots of Hawaiian drinks, not all are appropriate for your child’s birthday. Here are some authentic tropical beverages that you may try for your child’s birthday.
- 4 mangoes
- ½ pineapple or 2 cup canned pineapple slices
- 2 cup raspberries
- ½ cup cherries
Directions to make
- Peel and cut mangoes and pineapple into pieces.
- Process them in a juicer until they are completely smooth.
- Add sugar, if required.
- If the smoothie is too thick, you may add some chilled water to it.
- Pour this drink into festive glasses and decorate with fresh fruit slices and cocktail umbrellas.
Hawaiian volcano drink
- 2 liter Hawaiian fruit punch
- 2/3 cups guava juice
- 1 liter ginger ale or lime soda
- 1 liter rainbow sherbet
Directions to make
- Mix the fruit punch and guava juice
- Slowly add the sherbet to the above mixture.
- Keep this mixture ready and whenever you want to serve it, simply pour the ginger-ale or lime soda on top of the sherbet. This will create a lot of effervescence and will make your drink look like a volcano.
Serve them in our bright and colorful Luau party supplies to increase the excitement among your guests.
Blue coconut cream shakes
- 500 ml vanilla ice cream
- 2 coconuts
- 500 ml of blue Kool-aid
Directions for making
- Mix vanilla ice cream with shredded coconut and blend together to form coconut ice cream.
- Freeze this mixture until you are ready to serve the coconut-based beverage.
- Take out the coconut ice cream mixture and blend it together with blue Kool-aid. Add more kool-aid if the mixture is too thick.
- Pour it in margarita glasses or our colorful Luau party supplies and garnish with shredded coconut.
- Canned or fresh pineapple chunks(500 gm)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 rd cup lime juice
- 2 cup ginger ale
- 3 cups ice cubes
- Blend pineapple chunks, coconut milk, and lime juice together.
- Add ginger ale and ice cubes to this mixture and blend till the ice cubes are completely minced.
- Pour this drink in hurricane glasses and garnish with pineapple wedge or a slice of a lime.
These tropical flavored beverages are sure to let your guests recall the warm breezes of the tropical islands. For more interesting luau party ideas, visit MyBirthdaySupplies.