Are you planning a trip with your baby? Having a baby in the car is a fun but sometimes a situation occurs where your baby can be annoying, little cranky, bored and uncomfortable, these are the times where you need to make a trip fun. Given below are few toys which you need to carry along while traveling by air/ road with your baby. Take a sneak peek:
- The very first thing to keep in mind is – carry the toys which your baby adores a lot especially those which baby sleeps with.
- Grab some new stuffed toys just to make them happy,
- Always carry a comfort toy. Hard toys can hurt them.
- If you are traveling by car, prefer carrying lots of toys, or else you can attach to baby’s seat. This will make the busy.
- Rattles for your cutie.
- Carry a few musical books/board books/voice books that your toddler can read along the voice easily.
- Travel puzzles are ideal for babies of all ages. Colorful puzzles are always attractive. Prefer the easy otherwise your baby will be annoyed if it is complicated.
- Prefer carrying a fun coloring book for your baby or sticker activity books.
- If you are traveling by road then you can take along a battery operated toy that has features like voice alphabets, rhymes, sound and all. If you are traveling by air then this is not recommended because you need to shut down the battery before boarding.
So, ready to have fun with your baby? Pack these toys and #HappyTraveling!
Thanks for reading!
If you are constantly drinking coffee and walking and thinking, we understand. Somehow stress is good for you; you tend to do your work immediately, but still it doesn’t feel good enough. Even if you leave all the stress at the workplace, still there is something which keeps troubling you. It would be great if we get some relief from this attack. There are numerous strategies, and the important part includes proper and healthy diet. Read on to know more about these foods.
- Salmon: You won’t believe that salmon is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which help in fighting inflammation, which develops due to elevated cortisol (a hormone) thus, affecting your stress level.
- Lemons: Lemon juice and lemons are rich in vitamin C and is a strong antioxidant, thus, playing a keen role in regulating your body’s cortisol production. So, welcome lemon in your stress management diet.
Spinach: Being rich in vitamin E, spinach is an antioxidant that improves brain function and helps in calming any stress.
- Turkey, Chicken, and Beef: Eating rich foods in protein is the best way to keep the blood sugar level up, which will keep your stress level stable.
- Chocolate and Kale: Chocolate and kale are rich in magnesium, which boosts cellular energy to fight fatigue. For calcium metabolism and vascular health, we need magnesium. Most importantly, do you need any reason to eat chocolate? Everyone loves sweet tooth.
- Sweet Potatoes, Fruit and Potatoes: Healthy food with carbs is important for your body. When you are stressed your brain needs fuel to run so, these foods help fighting stress.
- Pistachios: These are good sources of healthy munching. Eating a handful of almonds, pistachios and walnuts every day lower down cholesterol, diabetes, and ease the inflammation in your heart, thus protecting you from any stress. But make sure you don’t overdo – nuts are high in calories.
Say good bye to the stress with these amazing and delicious foods. Let us know if you have something to share about this.
Thanks for reading!
Nothing shouts ‘Happy Birthday’ better than a beautiful birthday banner. No matter what the theme of birthday party is this balloon banner goes can compliment any theme. So, if your kid’s birthday is coming then this time instead of store bought banners give this fun and colorful birthday banner a try.
To make this banner, you will need inexpensive supplies like balloons, confetti, tissue fringe garland, balloon pump etc. Customize this banner as per the theme and color of your party and you are all set. You can hang it over the wall, at the entrance door, over the dessert table, over the windows and delight one and all. Just make sure, you hang it somewhere that all party guests can see and enjoy.
• Clear balloons (preferably 12 inches)
• Tissue Confetti
• Tissue fringe garland
• Balloon pump
• Stick on letters
1. Take uninflated clear balloons and stuff almost ½ cup confetti into each balloon.
2. Next step is to blow up the balloons and tie closed. Rub the balloons on a carpet to make sure confetti spreads and clings to the interior.
3. At the center of each balloon, affix a letter to spell ‘Happy Birthday’. You can also add name of the birthday kid depending upon length of the garland.
4. Hang the tissue fringe garland across a wall or a doorway.
5. Tie twine around the knot of each balloon and attach it to the tissue garland to make sure balloons touch.
6. Easy as a pie isn’t it? Now your homemade balloon birthday banner is ready to wow the guests.
Giving a body massage to the baby is an old tradition. Massage has many benefits including bone and muscle development, inducing sound and safe sleep while strengthening the mother-baby bond. So, choosing the right oil for your baby’s massage is a crucial for his overall well-being.
Here, we have shortlisted 6 massage oils that are best for baby massage.
Coconut Oil- When giving a daily massage to the baby, you also need to keep changing weather conditions in mind. Though, good part about coconut oil is, it is ideal for summers and winters both. It protects against any kind of skin infections and also treats skin conditions like eczema, patches or dry skin. It easily gets absorbed in the body, so if you are thinking of giving a daily massage to the baby then coconut oil is a good option.
Almond Oil- Almond oil is the most popular pick for baby massage. This oil easily gets absorbed in the skin and suits infants of all ages including new born. Again, this oil is enriched with vitamin E and gives your little one soft and glowing skin.
Mustard Oil- Other preferred oil for baby massage is mustard oil. Use of this oil is highly recommended in winters as it relaxes the body of the baby and also strengthens the muscle and bone development. This oil is generally heated with fenugreek seeds and garlic.
Castor Oil- If your baby has dry and patchy skin then castor oil is a good option for baby massage. It treats dry skin and also known to encourage bone development in children. It is good to massage your baby with castor oil before bath regularly.
Chamomile Oil- The most popular pick for new born babies is Chamomile Oil. This oil is perfect for sensitive skin and guards against any future skin infections. It is extremely favorable for babies that are prone to colic and helps in inducing sound sleep in babies. So, if your little one often gets cranky then may be giving a massage with chamomile oil can soothe and calm the baby.
Sunflower Oil- Though sunflower oil is not a common option of mommies but to keep your baby’s skin soft and supple sunflower oil is a great option. This oil is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids and also promotes bone development in children.
So, mommies make sure you pick one that resonates best with your baby’s skin and temperament.
A baby’s bones grow at a fast pace during early years of childhood and calcium is responsible for proper development of the bones. As per the pediatricians- a toddler needs 500-700 mg per day calcium. Thus, a good intake of calcium given during childhood translates into strong and healthy bones in later life.
As we know dairy products are a rich source of calcium but you cannot rely on them alone for meeting dietary requirements. Fret not; here are 5 surprising sources of calcium that can be included in your child’s diet.
- White Soya Beans- Other than dairy products, soya beans is one great source of calcium especially for vegan babies. Besides being rich in calcium, soya beans are an excellent source of protein and iron. One cup of soy milk is equivalent to more than 60 mg calcium. Another good thing is, you can also make soy milk at home by cooking whole soy beans in water then straining the beans with a muslin cloth. With straining, you can separate the milk from fiber.
- Salmon Fish- If your child likes eggs and fish then feeding him/her with salmon fish is good idea. Salmon fish provides 232 mg calcium and is also a rich source of vitamin B12, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin D. Moreover, it also offers healthy amount of protein and phosphorous.
- Almonds– Almonds offer an excellent amount of calcium around 264 mg per 100gm. Give your child 7/8 almond nuts in a day and it is super healthy. You can soak them in water overnight and give the same to your child. They are also known to develop immunity and fight inflammation.
- Sesame Seeds- Sesame seeds are another great source of calcium and also known to fight inflammation and lower blood pressure. One tablespoon of sesame seeds contains 88 mg of calcium thus an easy way to get calcium in one’s diet.
- Tofu- Apart from regular cottage cheese, tofu is an excellent source of calcium. Half cup of tofu provides 861 mg calcium and it is also protein-rich. If you are looking for a low-fat alternative to dairy products than tofu is a good source.
Pizzas are a hit with the kids & adults alike! One thing about pizza is you can never have enough of them and this goes without say that they taste delicious. So, mommies, no more ordering pizza from outside when you can make one at home anytime.
Here is a quick & easy recipe for flatbread pesto pizza that will keep kids longing for more.
- Flatbread Rustic Thin Pizza Crust
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Place your flatbread onto an ungreased cooking sheet.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pesto over the flat bread.
- On top of the pesto, add a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Slice & dice tomatoes on top of the cheese.
- Bake it for 6-7 minutes until cheese melts.
- Enjoy your home baked pizza.
So, next time when your kids crave for pizza, serve them this flatbread pizza and have a home party.
Nothing brings more pleasure than receiving a beautifully wrapped gift. With some inexpensive supplies & creativity you can make your gifts presentable & pretty. So, make the gift opening experience even more special for your loved ones by following our innovative ideas of gift packaging. Whether you are gifting a lavish gift or a petite one these festive gift packaging ideas are bound to delight the receiver.
- Warm packaging- Add warmth to your winter gifts with this innovative gift wrapping idea. It is time to take out those sweaters from your closets that are just lying there, get creative and utilize them for gift packaging. These old knitted sweaters makes a good option for gift wrapping and adds much needed warmth & tenderness to your gifts.
- Perk up with polka dots- Polka dots are always a hit, be it in fabric, décor or gift packaging. So perk up your gifts with fun polka dots pattern. All you need to get started is a pencil with an attached eraser, paint and sponge. Start adding fun & playful polka dots to everyday plain wrapping paper and it is ready to wow the receiver.
- Cloth Gift wrap- Do you have some fancy fabric pieces around? Give a new life to these leftover fabrics by using them for a gift wrap. Use a square piece of cloth & place your gift in the center then secure open ends with a knot, a button or a safety pin. Embellish it with some décor like some golden twigs, pom-poms or a handmade nametag and your gift is ready to go.
- Confetti or Sparkles- After wrapping your gift preferably in a solid color paper cover one end with a double-stick tape & dip it in confetti and see the magic. You can also use handful of sparkles in place of confetti and make hearts, stripe pattern etc. options are limitless. This effortless idea adds a pop of color to your gift and receiver will surely have a fun time opening it.
- Crepe Paper- Use colorful crepe paper to dress up your gifts. Cut crepe paper to a length that easily wraps around the gift box and cover it with the same allowing ½ inch of overlap. Once the stack of crepe paper is aligned, cut a fringe through all of the pieces. To adhere the crepe papers around the package use a piece of double sided tape of glue. A handmade name tag will give a perfect finishing to this gift wrap.